For this Thinkers50 podcast, Stuart Crainer interviews Andrew Kakabadse, Professor of Governance and Strategic Leadership at the UK’s Henley Business School. His books include Essence of Leadership (1998), Leadership Teams: Developing and Sustaining High Performance (2009), Rice Wine with the Minister (2010), Bilderberg People: Elite Power and Consensus in World Affairs (2011), and most recently The Success Formula: How Smart Leaders Deliver Outstanding Value (2015). His most recent research explores and identifies the strategies that organizations and leaders use to create and deliver outstanding value to their shareholders.
Listen to the podcast below:
In this podcast:
- Kakabadse’s research in leadership, management strategy, policy design, politics
- Contextualization vs Rationalization, and how contextualization can work for organizations and governments
- Efficiency, effectiveness, competitive advantage, and value creation
- Is there a pattern to high-performing companies across the world?
- How leaders can zoom in and zoom out
- What is the role of business schools in strategy and management?