In this Thinkers50 Podcast, Stuart Crainer interviews Margarita Mayo, professor of leadership at IE Business School in Madrid. She is a champion of authentic leadership, and is currently working on a book with the working title Yours Truly: How to be Authentic in Leadership and Life.
Listen to the podcast below:
In this podcast:
- The three characteristics that distinguish authentic leaders.
- Examples of authentic leaders.
- Passion and heart of authentic leaders can overcome the lack of trust that most leaders face.
- The power of habits.
- Authentic leaders are architects of their organisations, building a company with core values in their employees that will last after the leader is no longer there.
- To be an authentic leader, you don’t need to fall into the mentality of a superhero. Shift into the mindset of the unsung hero.