For this podcast, Stuart Crainer interviews Soren Kaplan, author of The Invisible Advantage: How to Create a Culture of Innovation and the bestseller Leapfrogging. Soren talks about how there is no competitive advantage that’s sustainable; the only semi-sustainable competitive advantage is the company culture. . . thus called the invisible advantage.
Listen to the podcast below:
In This Podcast:
- Failure to innovate is based in the company culture.
- How to create invisible advantage in small measures:
- By being explicit in success stories and failure stories to reflect your desired company culture.
- Change metrics. Decide to measure people and things that will give you innovation.
- Culture is a task for leadership to manage.
- Innovation challenges to create success stories.
- Discussion on companies that generate innovation and their strategies: P&G, Adobe.
- Assess your current culture, figure out your innovation inhibitors, figure out your opportunities, and define the invisible advantage roadmap.